For months Holly, in her role as Shadow Security Minister, has been questioning ministers about Boris Johnson’s relationship with Lord Lebedev and his father (a former KGB operative who has been sanction by the Canadian Government over his connections to Putin and the Kremlin).
Holly, as well as the entire Shadow Home Office team and Labour Front Bench, have been demanding Johnson and the government explain:
- Why he attended a secret meeting in Italy (when Foreign Secretary)?
- Who else was there?
- What was discussed?
- What measures were taken to mitigate the serious security implications Johnson’s actions had on his role and on the nation?
Holly’s questions can be found here:
- Search for lebedev speaker:Holly Lynch – TheyWorkForYou
- (6) Holly Lynch MP on Twitter: “Canada, when sanctioning former KGB officer Alexander Lebedev said he and 13 others had “directly enabled Putin’s senseless war in Ukraine.” This is who the Prime Minister had an off the books meeting with at the height of the Salisbury poisoning.” / Twitter
- (6) Darren Jones MP on Twitter: “Beyond all the political drama this afternoon, this question from @DianaJohnsonMP, building on repeated questions from @HollyLynch5, confirming that the Prime Minister (then Foreign Secretary) met with a former KGB officer without officials is a scandal in its own right.” / Twitter